1. You don’t buy life insurance because you are going to die, but because those you love are going to live.
2. Start Young – You don’t need to have big financial obligations like a mortgage. Lock in your rates while you are young and you can always add more later in life.
3. Life Insurance is like a parachute; if you don’t have it the first time you need it, there is no second chance.
4. Small business owner? Life Insurance protects your business and your family who relies on the income from you business.
5. Permanent life insurance is the best investment vehicle while you’re alive or dead: tax-free access to cash values accumulated in the policy while you’re still alive and tax-free death benefit proceeds for your love ones when the inevitable happens. Put your money where your “life” is!
6. Until you buy it you’re not covered. Thinking doesn’t protect your family, acting does!
7. It is better to have insurance and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
8. Buy when you’re healthy. It’s easier to get and less expensive.
9. Get as much as you can afford and as early as you can do it.
10. Use a broker. Many life insurance agents are still ‘captive agents’ which means they only sell insurance products from one company. Life insurance brokers will shop the market to many life insurance companies instead of just one company which increases the chance of buying better products at better rates.
Read more about Life Insurance HERE.